Friday 2 September 2016

Marks & Spencers Control Pants as a top-up

Despite wearing class 2 compression, I have wanted more panty support (to be honest I felt like capris with my tights would have been great as they would have covered all my surgery areas with extra support).  Now that I am in month 5 I feel less need of the extra support other than for sport.  

As I didn't enjoy wearing full compression leggings over my tights, I went for compression type shorts under my tights.  If you like the idea you could try the Solidea range or the Haddenham Veni capris.  Solidea have a wide range of lengths which runs from pants at around £20 through to shorts and capris at around £40 and then the full leggings.  They are generally only light compression of around 12mmHg so I wouldn't wear them on their own. 

I wanted something that would go under dresses and skirts without poking out as I moved, and I was a bit impatient so I went into M&S to try control underwear.  This does not have a compression rating but the first set you see here, which was labelled firm control, felt quite similar in fabric style to my comfy ETO compression.  



The only problem with these shorts was that they have a seam which is stuck down on the front.  As you can see on the right it came apart.  I returned the first pair, but then seemed to have the same effect happening with the replacement, but not as badly.  








I liked the feeling of support and the lack of overheating groin, so I invested in some extra pairs in a different style, which might be a little less compressive as the tummy is slightly less firm.  You can get previous seasons cheap on ebay so I got two pairs for around £5 each!  They are a little shorter and are made of the same fabric all round so don't have the front seam problem.  They feel a little less compressive and I have to be careful when getting my tights over them not to roll up the bottoms of the legs, but they are very comfy for all day wear.  

  

I have been wearing these nearly every day under my compression (unless I wear the Sigvaris Comfort Bodyform tights I got recently, which have compression to the waist and which are now, at six months post surgery, supportive enough on their own for daily living and badminton!).  

I find these are easy to put on without gloves.  I pull the bottom of the legs down and ensure they are smooth before putting my tights over the top.  Once I've got my tights up I slide my hand down inside and again pull the legs flat or run my hands over them if needed, to ensure they are smooth. That can need repeating as you take your tights down and up when visiting the loo!

I think if you want some extra support to supplement your garments as you heal, or for sports, then this can be an economical option that my husband says looks nice on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment